Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Cleaning and Home Decorating

I find myself looking more and more at home decorative items online in the past few weeks. So many things I want...curtains from JCP for the dining room along with this beautiful mirror from Home Decorators. Not to mention the white leather chair and ottoman I want for the baby's nursery! My mom always said I had expensive taste (she should know I got it from her), and there is not a lot room in the budget for these items....but where there is a will there is a way!

The big thing on my to do list has been to do my deep spring cleaning, and organization. That means making my way to the scary basement. It's not scary because of spiders or cobwebs but because of tons and tons of unneeded items that I stored downstairs.

HERE IS THE CHALLENGE (and reward):
I have decided to clean out the basement and get rid of all of our unused item. I will throw away some of it, but the rest I have decided to put up onto Craigslist to see if I have any takers. I have decided to reward myself for taking on the huge task of cleaning the basement by taking any of the money I make from selling items on Craigslist and using them for new home decorative items.

I will let you know how it goes....and show you all the goodies I purchase for the house.
Anyone else want to take the challenge on with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment